The NTCA “Tom Ade” ceramic tile scholarship has been established by the National Tile Contractors Association to provide educational opportunities for children or grandchildren of NTCA Contractor Members. Tom Ade is a former NTCA regional director and a previous recipient of our Ring Of Honor and Tile Person of the Year Awards. Through his generosity and support of training and education, funds have been earmarked to launch this scholarship.
The scholarship will encompass a contribution to the educational institution of choice for the applicant. In addition, NTCA will cover travel and registration costs to attend Coverings, the tile industry’s premier exhibition and educational event, held April 9-12th in Orlando,FL. The scholarship recipient will be recognized at the NTCA Awards reception. These dates are important to notate; as it is mandatory for the recipient to be present at the awards ceremony. If the scholarship winner is not able to attend, an alternate recipient will be named.
Funds are made possible through the generous donations of NTCA members: total donations will determine the number of scholarship recipients each year. Applications will be reviewed by a committee of the NTCA Board of Directors and members of the NTCA staff.
2019 "Tom Ade" Ceramic Tile Scholarships Winners
Tom Ade Ceramic Tile Scholarships were awarded and made possible by longtime NTCA Member Tom Ade, a former NTCA regional director and a previous recipient of the NTCA's Ring of Honor and Tile Person of the Year Awards.
Left to Right: Tara Wadford, Riley Sullivan
- 2019 - Riley Sullivan, son of Dirk Sullivan and his wife Gwen of NTCA Five-Star Contractor Hawthorne Tile in Portland, Oregon. Sullivan is an international baccalaureate diploma candidate. He plans to use his scholarship to further his studies, specifically focusing on ecosystem protection.
- 2019 - Tyler Kleinsasser, son of Roger Kleinsasser, owner of Tile Creations in Rapid City, S.D. After Kleinsasser graduates with a degree in Civil Engineering from the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, he will be pursuing a Master's degree in Construction Engineering and Management
- 2019 - Tara Wadford, daughter of Nyle and Teresa Wadford of NTCA Five-Star Contractor Neuse Tile Service in Youngsville, N.C. Wadford plans to enroll at Liberty University, majoring in nursing and minoring in Spanish, and aspires to become a physician’s assistant.
Mr. Tom Ade
March 1, 2020
Scholarship awarded at
2019 Press Release
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Applicant must be a child or grandchild of an NTCA Contractor member or their employee and be in good standing with the association.
- Applicant must submit an application form and essay detailing their career goals and what they will do with the scholarship funds, along with a letter of recommendation from an individual not in the applicant’s immediate family.
- Funds can be used for college, apprenticeship, vocational school, technical school, etc.
- Funds will be allocated to the school or institution named in the application, and not to the individual.
- The scholarship is a one time award and will be paid in one allocation of funds.